Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Breaking! Ed Martin to Debate Adam Shriver of the St. Louis Activist Hub

(ST. LOUIS, MO.) August 9, 2010 – In a surprising development, Adam Shriver announced today that several debates had been lined up with Ed Martin over the course of August and September. As Shriver has travelled the great state of Missouri, he noted on several occasions that many people had a desire to hear Ed Martin explain his unethical behavior.

“Ed Matin seems to like to lie a lot, so I'm happy to give him a chance to defend his behavior. I sent him a letter last week requesting the debates. Or maybe it was an email: I can't remember if I hit 'send,' but it was definitely drafted,” said Shriver.

All debates between congressional candidate Ed Martin and Adam Shriver will be moderated by Sean of FiredUp Missouri. Details and topics are as follows.

What: Debates

When/Topics:

6:30-8 pm August 17: “Why is Ed Martin a giant liar?"
6:30-8 pm August 18: “Has Ed Martin ever uttered a true sentence?"
6:30-8 pm August 19: “Wasting $2 million dollars in taxpayer money"
6:30-8 pm August 20: "Is Ed Martin Above the law?"
6:30-8 pm August 21 "Filing ethics reports on time as required by federal law: good idea or no?"
6:30 - 8 PM, August 22: "Is it an endearing quality to repeat the death panel lie months after it's been debunked?"
6:30 - 8 pm August 23: Why is Ed Martin the "Glenn Beck candidate?"

I'm looking forward to some great debates!

Please Note: This post is exactly as true as the press release and ensuing spin put out by Martin's press secretary, except that, unlike them, I'm not actually pretending it's true.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, boy. This made me laugh right out loud. Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I would love to see these debates take place. I say you show up to Martin's debates he has scheduled for Russ and tell them you are there on Russ's behalf.

    Martin has a lot to answer for in his past and its high time he did so. Most of his supporters have no idea how corrupt a politician he is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now those are debates I'd actually pay to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I would really like to go to those debates.

    If Martin would actually agree to them, folks would show up to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is pretty funny, I would have been very confused if I hadn't read yesterday's post. Jon Stewart would be proud (not sure if you would care, but I love the guy)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How will Ed Martin have enough time to debate all of us in August? He's agreed to my dream last night about his agreement to debate me, too!

    I am Spartacus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am trying to fit our debate in with my Bill-Pope debate Aug 18 and Bill-Palin on the 27th

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm making sure to buy up all the PPV and on-demand rights to this one!! All we need now is some WWE-type intros and we're in business!! *ROFL*

    ReplyDelete