Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tea Party Attendee: "Wish Me Luck and No Muslims"

A member of the Dallas tea party flying in to St. Louis for the 9/12 rally had this to say today:


At his blog, which unfortunately is not satire (though the use of "Angry White Dude" is apparently used ironically), he explains what he means in more detail:
I know political correctness tells me I have to love and respect any and every culture, no matter how bassackwards it is compared to American culture. But I can’t. It just isn’t common sense to watch what passes for culture in the Islamic world and have any respect for it.

I must say I’m disappointed in the preacher in Florida for backing down from burning the Koran.
He continues:
Savage Islam cannot be calmed down. Nor reasoned with. It can only be destroyed. Pretending Islam is anything different than what it is will only end with the unnecessary deaths of many, many Americans.
And finally:
I believe America is the greatest country in the history of the world. I believe Islam has no place in America. I do not consider it a religion. It is a cult of violence and death.

Wish me luck and no Muslims on my flight tomorrow morning!
Apparently this guy thinks that any Muslims on his plane would automatically be plotting to crash it. Sounds like a classic conservative bed-wetter who doesn't understand that you can't make generalizations about 1,600,000,000 people based on the actions of a small group.

And lest you think Angry White Dude is alone in his anti-Islam bigotry, a brief search revealed several other 9/12 attendees expressing similar sentiment. AmerycanSaint is going to the rally:

And here's what he had to say:


And then St. Louis has its own home-grown bigotry:



Every one of these idiots is implying that all of Islam is evil. I have no idea how anyone could grow up in a population center like St. Louis or Dallas and be so completely ignorant about the fact that decent, hard-working, peaceful Muslims are integrated throughout American society. They have to be locking themselves in a basement 24 hours a day with a radio that only plays 97.1. And even that wouldn't work perfectly, since I heard Dave Glover on the radio making some reasonable comments as he guest hosted Glenn Beck's show. Honestly, I don't understand how people can be that clueless.

Anyway, if the tea party wants their claims to be "open-minded" and "tolerant" to be taken seriously, they need to condemn these types of comments at their rally.

No comments:

Post a Comment