Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Russ Carnahan: Ready to Get Back To Work

A press release from a campaign that has class, unlike that of Ed Martin....
Carnahan Thanks Supporters, Volunteers Morning After Winning Reelection

St. Louis, MO – After winning his reelection campaign by a clear margin, Russ Carnahan thanked supporters and volunteers at a south St. Louis coffee shop this morning, saying he is eager to “get back to work” for the people of the Third Congressional District.

With all precincts reporting, Carnahan defeated former Matt Blunt Chief of Staff Ed Martin by a margin of 2.2 percent – well beyond the 1 percent threshold at which a recount can be legally requested. The Associated Press declared Carnahan the winner early Wednesday morning.

Carnahan released the following statement today:

“After a long night after a long election, the voters have spoken and this race has come to an end.

“First, I want to congratulate my opponent for a spirited campaign and I wish him the best.

“But more importantly, I want to thank all of the people who worked so hard to get us to this point -- my family, the volunteers who gave so many hours and days, my staff. I am humbled by all of the hard work that has gone into this election.

“When I was elected to this seat in 2004, I said that I would work with anyone, anywhere to get things done for the people I represent.

“It’s how my mom and dad raised me. They taught us those fundamental Missouri values – hard work, integrity and a commitment to public service; that you have to work together to get things done.

“Those values have always guided me, and they will continue to guide me in everything I do.

“I am so honored to serve the people of this district. And I am so honored that they have asked me to continue doing that job for them.

“We have a lot of challenges ahead of us. I’m ready to get back to work.”

After this morning’s event, Carnahan traveled to Jefferson and Ste. Genevieve Counties for additional events.

No comments:

Post a Comment