I previously reported on Jen Ennenbach's leaked email stating that Chris Loesch, Dana's husband and a member of the St. Louis Tea Party leadership, demanded that the tea party stop using the logos he designed. Her statement:
Oh, also, Chris Loesch has requested an immediate cease of use on his logos. . .which include the St Louis Tea Party logo and the SOB (pirate looking) logo. So, if you have these up on any of your sites, please replace them with something else. He has never been compensated for the use of these.This was a result of a fight between two different factions in the St. Louis Tea Party. One group (the Loeschs, Gateway Pundit, and Jen Ennenbach) supported GOP establishment candidate Ann Wagner (a candidate for the head of the RNC and the campaign chairman for Roy Blunt) and another group (John Burns, Ben Evans, Michelle Moore, Bill Hennessy, and Darin Morley) supporting nutty Ed Martin.
I just checked and it looks like the Tea Party really did change their logos. This is what the old logo looked like:
Here's what the new Twitter logo looks like:
And here's what the "new" facebook page looks like (though it sounds weird calling the Gadsen flag "new"):
For the record:
- Dana Loesch voted for Mitt Romney in the 2008 Republican primary.
- She explicitly said that she liked RomneyCare.
- She supported Roy Blunt over the more conservative Chuck Purgason for the U.S. Senate.
- She supported Ed Martin over John Wayne Tucker, and in fact attacked Tucker on her show after Ed Martin paid her husband to make a commercial for him.
- Now's she's supporting the ultimate GOP establishment candidate Ann Wagner over the comparably more conservative Ed Martin.
- Oh, and she's "edgy" for some reason.