Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Over Halfway on the Beat the Tea Party Challenge! Can you pitch in?

Hi, as I wrote earlier, for my birthday, I'm fundraising for a good cause (Missouri Jobs with Justice) and sending a message about the local media's overhyped coverage of the St. Louis Tea Party's Proposition A opposition. If you recall, the tea party was only able to raise $750 from 25 people on Prop A, and their biggest rally was about 25 people including children they brought along. Nevertheless, they were treated every step of the way by the local media as a massive force to be reckoned with and were given limitless airtime to spread un-factchecked falsehoods.

So, I'm happy to report that I'm already halfway past my goals of topping the tea party effort! The most important thing to me is that more people get involved than the tea party Prop A opposition, and I've already got donations from fifteen people, well over half of the 25 I'm looking for! I've also received $399 in donations, which of course is more than half of $750. Thanks so much to Joan, Barbara, Margaret, Brenda, Lara, Julie, Jonathan, Mark, Craig, Anna, Bunnie, Sean, Paddy, Sally and Ian for pitching in!

Can you help Beat the Tea Party? If so, please click here. If you'd like to know more about why I'm doing this and why I chose Jobs with Justice, click here. Thanks friends!

2 comments:

  1. It's not paypal, but you can donate online using this link: https://secure.ga3.org/08/StLouisdonate . Only problem is I won't be able to track it as easily.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete