Via Democratic fighter Barbara Woodruff:
This Saturday (June 10), wrong wing 2nd Congressional District candidate Ed Martin (Yes, the same Ed Martin who resigned in disgrace for legal and ethical problems as Gov. Matt Blunt's Chief of Staff) is heading a rally at the intersection of K & N at 10 AM. The main purpose is to showcase Ed Martin's corporate give away programs, but that is hidden under the guise of erroneously blaming President Obama for high gas prices.
Before Martin and his crew can spew waste worse than a BP oil rig and flood this busy intersection with raw, unvetted, mind numbing sewage, voters should know the facts about today's high price of gas:
Respond now to stop the oil slick that is Ed Martin, call or contact:
- Last month, Exxon Mobil's CEO testified to Congress that oil would be selling for $65 a barrel instead of $100, if it weren't for commodities speculators. Obama's every attempt to stop these speculators has been thwarted by oil owned politicians like Roy Blunt.
- Big Oil Blunt, as he is affectionately known, is one of the leading recipients of oil and gas money according to Center for Responsive Politics. A large chuck of that has comes from the oil barons, the infamous Oklahoma Koch brothers. The Koch brothers are funding all the anti-union fervor in Wisconsin. Remember Roy, we are judged by the company we keep.
- With the US using 26 percent of world oil production and only having 2.2 percent of the world's known oil reserves, 'drill baby drill' is a misleading mind opiate for the misinformed. The longer we wait to develop alternative sources the more dependant we become and the more severe the recession.
- Former Shell Oil executive John Hofmeister, author of "Why We Hate the Oil Companies", points out that China is wisely buying up world oil fields in order to secure a long term price stability for their energy. Meanwhile the US is subject to the volatile day to day fluctuations of commodities markets where a bomb going off in the Middle East one day can mean $10 more for tank of gas the next day. Yet, any attempt to reform our 'rich get richer' trade system is a third rail to Ed Martin and the wrong wing Republicans beholding to Wall Street and the oil barons.
Tell them that you're informed and active, and will not stand idly by and let voters be mislead by politicians beholding to corporate interests rather than the people.
- Ed Martin at 314 256 1776
- Senator Roy Blunt at 314 725 4484
- Congressman Blaine Luetkemeyer at 636 239 2276
- Congressman Todd Akin at 636 949 6826