Friday, February 12, 2010

Dana Loesch Attacks Me Without Knowing What She's Talking About

#epicfail #comedygold .  Those are the tags Dana Loesch used attempting to threaten me, but they ended up being self-referential.

Apparently this blog has been overly successful in debunking local tea party conspiracy theories, because Loesch accuses me by name of "stealing intellecutal property," claiming I am "stealing photos."  Here are her ridiculous comments:
So not only is Loesch suggesting that I broke the law, she's also mindlessly claiming that I'm using my "employers equiptment" to do so.  Apparently Loesch, despite claiming to be an expert on blogging and an advocate for free speech, is not aware of the "fair use" doctrine of copyright law.  Here's a snippet:  "Fair use is a doctrine in United States copyright law that allows limited use of copyrighted material without requiring permission form the rights holders, such as for commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching or scholarship."

Whatever the heck I'm doing on this blog when I piss off the tea party, it's either "criticism" or "news reporting."  And I make sure to credit the site where I got the information from.  So she really has absolutely no clue what she's talking about.  Either that, or she just likes making threats to try to sound tough.  But she ended up only being right about one thing:

#epicfail #comedygold

6 comments:

  1. You're doing something right when she's saying those things about you. Blog on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Caught a little of "Danacam" this evening on her broadcast. Her radio show is unlistenable....not only for the content, but she SCREAMS everything. And I suppose she believes the overarching "anger" attitude makes her sexy and cool. Frankly, it just makes her look immature and clueless. And a little desperate.

    I'm waiting for her to point out that you are not covered under the "fair use" thing because you are not "news reporting" even though she has argued for quite some time that blogs are the new journalism.

    Oh well, wouldn't be the first time she flip-flopped on an argument when it served her narrow, self-promotion purposes. I'm beginning to think that she (and the sycophants that follow her) are doing our job for us....

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana is just...not smart. She does not know how to have a civil debate on the issues---for once she knows you don't agree with her and her viewpoints she lowers the debate to insults and some of the nonsense you have experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tuned in by accident the other day and honestly thought I was listening to a college radio show. Some of the things she was saying could be disproven or debated by my 5 year old nephew, and he would not feel the need to scream in the microphone to express his point. I would rather listen to a Nickelback album going forward, they may be just as horrible but at least my dog would not freak out due to the high audio pitches of incomplete and dumbed-down theories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tuned in by accident the other day and honestly thought I was listening to a college radio show. Some of the things she was saying could be disproven or debated by my 5 year old nephew, and he would not feel the need to scream in the microphone to express his point. I would rather listen to a Nickelback album going forward, they may be just as horrible but at least my dog would not freak out due to the high audio pitches of incomplete and dumbed-down theories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dana is very hard headed and loud mouthed.Just like her father was at that age,she thinks she is on the ball maybe some day she will wake up and see how stupid and costly her mistakes are, I know I did, because I am her father and I went through the same stupid behavior.

    ReplyDelete